Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lucky to have a friend


I just been thinking how lucky I am even to have Diesel. I had no intention of getting a dog, I had a dog, Little Man, a very strong Pit Bull. He was about eleven years old so I guess that in the back of my mind, I new Little Man would not be around forever. He passed on from cancer about three months after we got Diesel. I know that Diesel was how I got through having to let Little Man go. It was like he knew he had big shoes to fill and he is such a good dog! This dog has never chewed on any thing of ours, listens to most commands, never crapped in the house, and the one time he did pee, we scared him so bad he has never tried it again. I do not know what made me fall in love with this mutt, cause that is what he is, half Great Dane, half Pit Bull . I had raised pure breed Pits for almost fifteen years before, so it would seem that I would stick with the breed. The truth is I had grown tired of keeping Pit Bulls, they are extremely dangerous to other animals not to mention humans. What ever, I have no idea why I fell for a little puppy, I'M JUST SO GLAD THAT I DID!

No comments: